Happy “How To’s” day! Now I know that in this lovely technological age of iPads and Kindles, reading a real paper book is rare, but there is something about the smell of the pages and the feel of holding a real book in your hands that still makes me smile … call me old fashioned. Recently my mom gave me a little baby sewing machine she never uses, and I’ve been playing around with it, and that’s how this DIY came about.
It’s super simple and you don’t even need a sewing machine, just needle and thread. This DIY would make a great little gift for your book club, or a reading savvy friend! Enjoy!
– Needle & Thread
– Piece of Felt Fabric (you can find some at Michaels for about $0.99 or less)
– A Heart Cookie Cutter (or you can do it by hand)
1. Using your heart cookie cutter, trace two hearts on your felt fabric.
2. Cut out the hearts. Leave one a full heart, and cut the top off the other.
3. Put the half heart piece behind the full heart, and sew up each side.
4. Push the heart bookmark onto the corner of the page you’re on in your book, close the book, and heart marks the spot!