Every fall I can’t wait to make these cookies, they are seriously like pumpkin crack! And this batch makes 55 cookies!
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN COOKIES:
1. Cream the shortening, sugar, and pumpkin. The way to cream your ingredients is to use your mixer at medium spead and beat the ingredients together until they are light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients.
4. Using a 1 inch ice cream scoop, spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
RECIPE FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
6. Beat frosting ingredients until smooth.
7. Frost cookies after they have cooled.
Makes 55 cookies.
Enjoy this wonderful cool weather and enjoy pumpkin cookies!